GENERAL CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
It is important to regularly clean fabric by light brushing or vacuuming to prevent accumulation of dust or grime. Surface dust can build up and slowly contribute to a graying effect that diminishes the clarity of the original color and can contribute to abrasion and wear.
W (water based cleaners): To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean using the foam only from a water-based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non-solvent upholstery shampoo. Apply foam with a soft rag or brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Always pretest a small area before proceeding.
S (solvent or dry cleaning products): To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean using a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning product. Clean only in a well ventilated room and avoid any product containing carbon tetrachloride which is highly toxic. Pretest a small area before proceeding.
W-S (solvent and/or water based cleaners): To prevent overall soiling, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean with a mild solvent, an upholstery shampoo or the foam from a mild detergent. When using a solvent or dry cleaning product, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well ventilated room. With either method pretest a small area before proceeding.
Care of Crypton® Fabrics
Easy Does It.
While Crypton fabric is the easiest in the world to clean, it’s not self-cleaning. In reality, most new stains come off with a damp cloth and water. There is one suggested cleaning method that is universally and easily available – the use of enzyme detergent (listed below).
• Mix five parts water with one part enzyme laundry detergent (e.g., Tide® or Cheer®) to form a mixture that works well on most stains.
Follow these simple steps:
• Remove excess soil and apply the soap mixture to the stained area
• Agitate stain with a soft brush
• Allow solution to remain on stain for one minute
• Blot up the stain with a dry, white towel, rinse any remaining soap and blot the area again
• Repeat if necessary
If Extraction is Required:
• Before wet-cleaning, vacuum the upholstery
• Apply cleaning solution to specific spots and lightly brush
• Follow directions on filling extraction machine with proper solution, wet the area with pre-spray and vacuum up the solution
• Be sure to extract the entire surface of the upholstered furniture to achieve uniform cleanliness
If Bleach-Cleaning is Required:
• Using bleach on Crypton (as any other textile) is dependent on the fiber content. We recommend cleaning with a 10% bleach/water mixture only on solution-dyed polyester, acrylic or 100% polyester
• Spray the 10% bleach/water mixture on the fabric and allow to linger for the time specified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Make certain to thoroughly rinse after bleach-cleaning
We know from experience that every facility has preferred cleaners and cleaning practices. Because of this fact, we’ve tested hundreds of products to ensure they won’t harm textiles, including our Crypton fabric. If there is a special cleaning agent you plan to use with a Crypton product, or for more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Care of Alta® Treated Fabrics
Spills and stains should be removed from fabrics as soon as possible. While staining will be minimized on Nano-Tex® enhanced fabrics, cleaning may still be necessary. If spills are removed immediately, there will be minimal to no staining on the fabric. If spills go unnoticed for a period of time and staining occurs, the Nano-Tex® enhanced fabric will clean easily and quickly with proper cleaning procedures.
Clean liquid spills quickly with a clean dry cloth.
- For liquid spills, gently blot (don’t rub) spills immediately with an absorbent cloth while the spill is still fresh
- Wipe off with clean water and a clean dry cloth if needed.
- For semi-solid spills, try to lift the spot off of the fabric.
- Working in a circular motion or removing the spill from the side is often the best means to lift spills from the fabric.
- Change towel surface frequently until spot has been transferred off of the fabric and onto the absorbent cleaning cloth. (Try to avoid pressing the spill or spreading the stain.)
- Wipe off with clean water and a clean dry cloth if needed.
- For stubborn spills:
- If a spill does not come off with water and a clean dry cloth, add a mild detergent mixed with water and repeat circular motion. (mild detergents such as Sport Wash, Tide Free, or Cheer Free)
- If a stain remains, a solvent may be needed to remove the stubborn stain. It is recommended to use odorless mineral spirits, dry cleaning fluid (Perchloroethylene) or Fantastik® Orange Action All Purpose Cleaner.
- Wipe off with water and a clean dry cloth. (Do not rub harshly. The harder you rub when cleaning a spill, the deeper the soil can penetrate between the fibers.)
- Remove all soap residues from the surface with clean water.
Care of Solution Dyed Nylons
If a stain remains after the suggested cleaning methods have been used on a fabric made of 100% solution dyed nylon, a solution containing 4 parts water to 1 part bleach may be used in place of warm soapy water or a dry cleaning solution. The diluted bleach solution should be sprayed or blotted onto the stain. A clean cloth or sponge dipped in clean water should be applied to take up any excess solution and remove any residue. Rinse with clean water. Fabric should be allowed to dry thoroughly and then be vacuumed well.
Care of Bella-Dura® Solution Dyed Fabrics
Cleaning Bella-Dura® is easy. Bella-Dura fabrics are manufactured with inherent stain resistance that will never wear off. Because the Bella-Dura fabrics are made with solution dyed yarns they can be safely cleaned with bleach; however, mild soap and warm water solution (one part soap to ten parts lukewarm water) is all that is required for most spills.
- A mild soap is one like Ivory or a liquid hand soap. Detergents are effective cleaners but because they are harsher they will affect the water repellant characteristics of Bella-Dura sooner than cleaning with a mild soap solution.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the fabric and blot with a clean dry cloth, reapplying as necessary until the stain is gone. Some stubborn stains may require light agitation with an old toothbrush or a brush designed for cleaning upholstery. Never use stiff bristles or wire brushes, as they may damage the fabric.
- Remember to always rinse with clear water to remove all soap residues, blot dry with aclean, dry cloth and allow to air dry. Soap residue actually attracts dirt so if proper rinsing has not occurred your fabrics will soil again more quickly.
- To prevent overall soil build-up, frequent vacuuming to remove dust and grime is recommended.
Care of Coated Fabrics (vinyls, polyurethanes, composites)
GENERAL CARE: While all of our faux leathers are inherently stain resistant, it is important to keep them clean at all times to maintain the original look and feel. Spot cleaning with soap and water will remove most of the everyday stains . Tough, stubborn stains can be removed by a mild cleaning fluid followed by clean water rinse. Most Anzea faux leathers may be cleaned with diluted bleach and many with rubbing alcohol. For specifics refer to the individual specifications.
Ink Resistant Coated Fabrics
These products may be cleaned with chlorine bleach or rubbing alcohol. Use non-abrasive soft cloth to avoid scratching of the surface. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Most stains including ink may be removed or diminished with this method. The ink resistant finish does not protect against intentional stains and abuse such as permanent marker.